Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone know of any upright shops in vancouver?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by spacecanoe, Aug 4, 2005.

1. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    hey im in vancouver and as you all know i bought that chrissy 300 from northwest music in vancouver. anyhoo in all my life of living here ive never noticed any antique string instrument shops. just wondering if there any hiddin little shops im missing out on.

2. I know there's a few places in Victoria. I'm from the Northwest, but I don't know Vancouver very well.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Prussian Music on W. Broadway and Ward Music on Hastings are good places to start. I have seen DBs in those stores at one time or another. Give 'em a call. If you check out the yellow pages I am sure you will find what you seek.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    If you're thinking DB and Vancouver, you gotta be thinking about Gerard Ivan Samija.

5. spacecanoe

spacecanoe

Aug 6, 2002
    canaduh
    yea i've spoken to gerard a few time, i like that db hes been working on off and on foy years. hes a class act and really helpful! . prussian music hmm? ill have to take a walk down there and check it out!

thanks guys.