Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know of the toast?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassmonk3y, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Bassmonk3y

Bassmonk3y

Sep 19, 2005
    Tacoma, Wa
    Anyone on TB know of the amazing band "Toast Machine"?
    it's a 2 piece band, drums n' bass, and for all of you slap-happy kids out there, you guys can't afford NOT to check em out!
    go to www.toastmachine.com. THEIR MUSIC'S FREE Y'ALL!

thank me later. :bassist:

2. Toast Machine is the most awesome band to crawl the face of the Earth.

Actually I am proud to personally know the bassist, Gio. He just graduated from the same college I'm going to now, so I got to talk to him a lot when he was there and attend his senior recital and stuff. He's an awesome jazz upright bass player, too.

3. Bassmonk3y

Bassmonk3y

Sep 19, 2005
    Tacoma, Wa
    Damn.. that's so cool. I wish there were inspiring quasi-famous musical people at my college.. the closest I have is the daughter of the dude from quantum leap! :p

4. Quasi-famous? Heh, I'm suprised you've heard of Toast Machine... I thought they were just a local band, which is pretty much what they are. Gio's a really cool guy, but I always looked at him as more of just a fellow music student. Granted, he is an amazing multi-instrument musician.

5. VVildo

VVildo

Sep 6, 2005
    Not much to say except that yes, I have heard of Toast Machine, and yes, they do kick ass. So much of it.

6. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Nice.But one thing that did 'happen' for me was a beautiful feeling of not having to filter out guitar/keyboard/voice from the mp3's...you soon get used to listening to drums and bass in isolation of other instrumentation without being aware that there was no other instruments playing.A nice duo and I love the sound of the bass.I've often felt that a bit of bassplaying can sound huge,complicated, awesome and inspiring when presented to the listener with the 'right sound' and this guy has got that 'right sound'.

Fallon.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not a huge fan of slap and his normal tone is grating to my ears, but the extreme gain tone (sounds like a fuzz to me) that he uses occasionally is very cool.

If bass/drums duos rock your boat, check out Big Business. They aren't Primus oriented like this stuff, but they have a nice blend of rock tempos and metal riffs.

8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey Bassmonk3y do they have a web home or anything i would like to check them out!

9. Bassmonk3y

Bassmonk3y

Sep 19, 2005
    Tacoma, Wa
    yeah dude, It's right up there where i posted the original message. enjoy!

10. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ah crap! :scowl: Was tired when i posted that! :rollno: