Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know or played Freedom By Hendrix?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by John Paul Jones, Dec 6, 2002.

1. John Paul Jones

John Paul Jones

Dec 6, 2002
    Hello:I'm working on learning the studio version of Freedom by Hendrix.The copy I have is from the album First days of the rising sun.It sounds to me like every other studio recording of the track so I'm sure if you have a copy we'll probably have the same.

Kinda sorta have the verse down but occasionally I'm adding or removing an extra note to play the line evenly.The Chorus and the walk up to the Bridge into the solo I think I got down too.

However,I'm just a little curious about the solo section and later on the wacky little blues riff(end of the song) which is basically the same everytime just shifted down a whole step everytime until those final diminished chords that sound like a Batman episode changing scenes.

I pretty much have exausted the net for tabs for this bass line.I did see plenty of Hendrix guitar stuff but NO Freedom bass lines.Guess whoever tried to transcribe a Billy Cox line gave up.I'm not a real big fan of tabs nor a reading genius.I usually rely on my ears but some things are tough to pick out on older recordings.It would be great if someone can tell me the notes to the final riffs of the song that are the same but going down a whole step and If that can be done I think I can handle the rest although any info will help.

Thanks!

JPJ