Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know the bass set up for Bardi Martin of Candlebox?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bass81, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Bass81

Bass81

Oct 25, 2003
    I was just wondering what kind of basses,amps, and effects he had?

:bassist:

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    From the January '96 issue of Bass Player (the time period of their second album, "Lucy") his studio setup was a Trace Elliot AH600SM powering a Trace 4x10" and 1x15" stack and an "old SVT head" powering a second Trace 4x10". The signal was bi-amped, leaving the lows clean from the solid-state Trace ("Old SVT's are bad a**, but they're missing some of the low-end tightness of a solid-state amp") while giving the highs some grind via an Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal.

His main bass was a Tobias Killer-B four-string, with a '78 Stingray and '70 Precision also used. Effects were a DigiTech Bass Whammy, MXR Phase 90, and Dunlop 535 series Wah.

Hope this was of some :help: :D

3. Bass81

Bass81

Oct 25, 2003
    Thanks dude. :bassist: I thought I heard some P-Bass in thier stuff.

4. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    It's good to see someone mentioning Candlebox :cool: ! They are probably one of my favorite bands. What do you think of Kevin Martin's new band - The Hiwatts (http://www.kmband.com) ?

By the way, I think the bass playing/tone was excellent on the "Lucy" CD. Definetly more focus went into bass than electric guitar on this album.

5. Bass81

Bass81

Oct 25, 2003
    Yeah, they are one of my favorites too. I like the Hiwatts and Peter Klett's new band red light music.

I never did get the Lucy album though I would like to try and find a copy.

I love the bassline in Blossom off thier first album excellent bass line. :bassist:

Anyone know what ever happened to Bardi Martin?

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    For years I had heard he had finished his degree and was teaching at the university level. However, a Google search will turn his name up playing in Lee Rude and the Trainwrecks, an "alt/nü-country" band, although it looks like the site was last updated in 2002. So basically, your guess is as good as mine. :confused:

7. I put Candlebox's first CD in my rotation regularly. Great tunes. I have Lucy but I really could never get into it. I dunno why....