Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know the Hipshot A bridge string spread measurement?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Basschair, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hipshot used to have a pdf on the website with all the measurements of their available bridges, but seems to have lost it in the transition to their "new" website, and I don't have the pdf on this computer. Anyone have the pdf or know the string spacings? I'm doing some pencil/paper drawings at work and don't have my bridge with me, so can't get an accurate string taper from nut to bridge...it's the smallest spaced 6 string bridge with the .656 spacing string-to-string, but I seem to remember that there's a bit of extra space somewhere that makes the full spread from B to C larger than .656 x 5.

paul

2. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    That sounds close, but that is the B-style in the pic...but you've given me the idea that I should check the resellers' websites...

EDIT: No luck with that approach.

3. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Someone (I think Wolak) just sent me an email to get my email address in order to send it to me. Unfortunately, for some reason I keep getting failure to deliver notices, so here's an address to get me at: basschair@yahoo.com. Thanks!

4. hipshot bridges are available on a number of string spreads. I suggest you contact them. They've always been extremely helpful.

5. Skelf

Skelf Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    If you are stuck PM me I have the pdf.

6. Skelf

Skelf Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    Hi
    I have sent the pdf to you hope it is what you sre looking for.

7. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Yup, I actually have used their bridges before. I was just wondering about the string spread measurements so that I could transfer those to the sketch. Yeah, calling would be pretty logical, wouldn't it? I was hoping to get a copy of that pdf, as it has the string spacings/spread for all available bridge sizes (without paying for custom sizes).

8. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Yup, that's the one. Thanks!