Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know the model/value of this Hartke 410 Bass Module?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Music Attorney, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Music Attorney

Music Attorney

Feb 22, 2004
    I bought this cabinet in the early to mid 80’s. I assume the model number is “410 Bass Module”, but thought someone here might know for sure. Also, I would like to know your opinion on the value of it. The cab says it’s rated 240 watts @ 8 ohms. I think it sounds great, but it’s heavier than I want to carry (e.g., it feels A LOT heavier than my Goliath Jr. III which is 55 lbs). I’ve looked on this site, eBay, etc. and have an idea of what some of the newer 4x10 Hartke’s are going for, but, again, am unsure as to this specific cabinet.

If my hunch is correct that it isn’t worth all that much, then I may just give it to some deserving kid/organization in the L.A. area. Perhaps there is a teacher on the list who has a promising student that could really use, but can’t afford, some good equipment. I’m also throwing in my GK 800RB that I’ve had for close to 20 years. The GK is a little beat up and does make a fuzzy/crackling sound sometimes. I’m hoping that whatever is causing the sound in the amp is something that can be fixed relatively inexpensively.

Thanks in advance.

MA

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I bought that exact cab for $200 once, so I'd say somewhere in that area. It's basically a 410 XL series... try the $200 range, i'm sure you'll get some hits.

3. Thumpinthenight

Thumpinthenight

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    That cab is probably the older version of Hartke's Transporter series. Here is the link to the latest version. http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=40&brandID=3
    I have the next upgrade level (410XL series) which I bought about 4 yrs ago (400 watts) for $475 new weighing 88lbs. Used Transporter series go for ~$150-$200 locally around my parts.
    They're not bad starter cabs. Some young prospect would be happy with that. ;)

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    No, it's the older version of the XL series.

5. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    i agree with romeoarmada - it's an xl (got the 2 ports as opposed to one). the new xl's also have the 410 bass module tag on the corner, same as you've got there :bassist:

6. Music Attorney

Music Attorney

Feb 22, 2004
    Thank you all for your responses.

7. Thumpinthenight

Thumpinthenight

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    I sit corrected. My XL also has the dual ports. (Plus, my freakin' eyesight ain't getting any better) :meh: