Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone know were to get 8-string pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by iplay4-5, Oct 12, 2005.

1. iplay4-5

iplay4-5 Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    rockford, IL
    hey do any of you guys know were i can get or have made pickups for a 8-string bass w/ either 15mm spcaing or 17mm spacing? i was thinking bartolini or maybe even norstand but idk thanxz peace from xmex

2. I have a Nordstrand mm 8.2 at 19mm (2 coil mm style) and its great. Normally they can be ordered thru the authorized dealers, not to discourage direct sales, but you may want to contact us through your luthier instead. You will more than likely want to hunt down some nice wood or plastic covers as these are difficult to machine. BTW please note I work there, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Have you been by the extendedrangebassist.com site? I'm available there too under the same screen name.

3. 2 things occurred to me after I reread this post. Are you talking about an 8 string bass single or dual course? (in otherwords 4 octave pairs or 8 strings tuned in 4ths?) In the case of a single course bass, I was remiss in not mentioning villex, aero pickups, and several others. In the case of an octav pair instrument was there a reason you were looking for speciallized p-ups?

4. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    BassCulture made the pickups for my Listerud 7 string bass. (they are the NeoBucker type, with neodyme magnets) He has also made at least one 8-string pickup.

5. weeding

weeding

May 17, 2005
    EMG custom shop

6. iplay4-5

iplay4-5 Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    rockford, IL
    hey thanxz alot it's for a 8-8string not a doubled 4-er but a conklin type 8-er does anyone know if conklin has any after market stuff?

7. iplay4-5

iplay4-5 Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    rockford, IL
    what's the diff from ceramic and old skool stuff to thee neodyme? whats thee ups n downs

8. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
  9. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I did actually ask EMG if they would make me extra wide pickups for my Listerud 7. Here's the answer I got:

10. iplay4-5

iplay4-5 Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    rockford, IL
    lol emg = lame! sweet thanxz alot guys

11. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I just had the mental picture of 2 musicman type pickups, set like a P-bass..... :D