Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know what happened to Shawn Malone?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kronos, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    He worked with Death and Cynic, and I really enjoyed his playing style. I loved his fretless sound, and the man also played a chapman stick. Obviously he had some jazz training, and I would love to know what happened to him.

Oh, and if this thread degrades, it can become a "what ever happened to..." thread...

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    http://www.seanmalone.net/

;)

3. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thank you, kind sir!
    :D

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I just got his first Gordian Knot CD, and it's damned good. I need to get his newer one too.

5. He also wrote "A Dictionary of Bass Grooves" which is very accurate and expansive book.

6. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I must have this book that you speak of!

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yep, I have it and I haven't spent much time with it. I think i'm going to learn all of them one day...

8. Crypton

Crypton

Jul 13, 2004
    I have read that he was working in the studio where cynic recorded there album. And after there bassist left to play with ateist he joined the band.
    He seems like a jazz guy but there's a big leap from jazz to death metal, i wonder why he decided to play with them.
    I think he should add a bio section to his site...
    He plays stick on the nowegian band Spiral Architect's album

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The leap between jazz and death metal is smaller than you think. A lot of great metalbassists have some form of roots in Jazz.

10. True!!! A very underrated musical style... and don't get me started in the similitudes between Death Metal and classical music...