Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know what kind of warwick this is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ldiezman, Jul 16, 2001.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I was at a music shope last week and they had a tone of basses, from Ibanez to Alembic.. well i saw a warwick bass, the likes of which I have never seen. It had a beige like pickguard with lipstick p'ups. One at near the neck and 2 sidebyside towards the bridge.. It sounded decent but i had never seen this thing before.. it was strange. Anyone know what bass I'm talking about?

2. ArtFS

ArtFS

Jul 3, 2001
    Virginia
    The bass you saw was a Warwick Fortress Flashback. They are intended to have a more traditional look and feel. I havent heard anything about them but IMO they look good.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah It played pretty sweetly... it was cool and different.. but I can't deny the sexual greatness of my beast the stingray5 :)

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    oh baby, i played one a few years ago when they still made them, it was a 5 i think...

very unique and vintage sounding, but VERY cool. definitely on my list of basses to own.

jason