1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone know what make this bass is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kitcar765, May 7, 2006.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    During that time period, fender copies from japan were a dime a dozen. A few factories put out basses with endless brand names on them, and some without a brand at all.

2. cool, do you think £100 was a fair price?

3. nice looking bass though...i dig the pickups and the color scheme...anyways, i believe i saw a similar one in a pawn shop in phoenix, AZ...just a cheap (in this case overpriced) Fender copy from japan

4. yeah, i loved the look of it, and i think it will make a nice bass to play untill my rickenbacker comes, and then after my rick comes, a nice backup

5. i'm guessing you won it?

6. i was thinking about getting this bass then maybe adding some mods to it, maybe a hipshot d tuner, or something. i think this bass is sexy. i hope the neck is slim.

7. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Never having played it and that kind of money there's not a chance I would have bought it. I guess it's just a gamble. I think you'll be able to answer your own question once it comes. I'd just hope for the best.

8. I wouldn't start modding it until you play it...i would suggest you play it an see what you think (and tell us...or at least me, i'm interested)...personally those japanese basses tend to sound very thud-dy...and if you replace the pickups, send those old ones to me :)

9. yeah, well anything is better than my cheap-waist-of-money-heavy-as-hell-quite-pickup-fret-buzz-wesley-pice-of-crap and i always like the look of jazz bass's

10. lol, if i ever do replace the pickups, i will send them to u, dont think i can easily replace them though, maybe the darkstar pickups will fit, something to think about in the future, got to admit it sexy even if it it a cheap MIJ made bass

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea especially a 30 year old cheap-waste-of-money-heavy-as-hell-quite-pickup-fret-buzz-piece of crap.

Let us know how it is when you get it.

12. lol, good point
    sure is i ever figure how to do soundclips i will do some, and post some pictures

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Seeing as you have posted 2-3 posts in a row 3 times already in this thread, allow me to direct you towards the edit button.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

14. Ooooh, oooh, I know *raises hand* :)

That has to be a Teisco bass. They branded them under a bunch of different names for export to the US, one of which being "Kimberly" which is the one I had for a while (my first bass actually). Pictures of it here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v106/JasonFan/Kimberly/

Same neck/fingerboard, bridge cover, pickups, finger-rest, body style. That gotta be it. It was a pretty cool bass, and a good starter bass for me. Sounded and played decent (with a good setup) and it was short-scale and very lightweight.

15. Eyjo

Eyjo

Apr 29, 2006
    Reykjavík Iceland
    My guess is electra or teisco

16. do you recon by looking at the pictures of my bass that its long scale of shortscale?

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Guess the edit button hint didnt help. I reckon its 34" scale.