anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jun 24, 2002.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    meet sergio crestana of moonspell...anyone know what bass this is in the pic? it has a P/J pickup configuration. almost looks like a spector, but i don't know...i wish i coulda got a shot of the headstock. when i asked sergio on the moonspell board, he says that he plays and records with stingrays. that ain't no stingray, iff'n ya ask me. :D

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Zon Sonus maybe?
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, the bottom horn _might_ suggest that it would be a legacy, but that's a P pickup in the neck position. i dunno, man
  4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it has the same top horn.
    the wood top.
    and some of them came with a a p pup.
    just my guess.

5. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    its definataly a fender.. skfjh* i mean. NO. but there is a shot in 311's Amber video, that shows his 'wick from a similar angle and it made me think of that, so im going on warwick. Or maybe some post warwick lutheir. R n B.?
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i just looked at it again.
    and warwick!
    no fret dots.
    the different wood top.
    the top horn.
    it all fits there!

7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Warwick does not have any 5ers with a P p'up.
  8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'm gonna go with the guy in the catalog. :D
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

i still dig that claw bass :D ed roman is such a weenie, though. so full of himself....but, ron blake did build a lot of ken smith's first basses, and a whole butt ton of carl thompson's basses.
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

heheh....yeah, me too ;)
  11. I think I saw this same photo a little while ago in the forums, and the concensus was that it is a Zon, IIRC.

It does have the Warwick look to it, but if Woodchuck says NO, I agree with him.
  12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It might be an Alembic of some kind.

Check out that even string spacing...
  13. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Butt Ton...Is that a unit of measurement they use in the Nayvee, Neptoon? :p
  14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, we measure ship's displacement in butt-tons. for exaple, OHIO Class submarines displace 16,600 butt-tons of water surfaced. neato, huh?
  15. or tune perhaps?

just a guess. neck is awfully un-tapered for those basses.....
  16. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    It's definately not a Warwick, IMO. I've got my Warwick catalog next to the computer, and it doesn't look familiar at all. The bottom horn may look Warwickish, but the top horn is definately not a Corvette and too short to be a Streamer. Top horn almost looks like a Pedulla Pentabuzz, IMO.
  17. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Originally I was thinking Zon, too, but now I'm convinced it's a Bass Collection or a Tune. Have a look at this other photo from over on the Moonspell site:

Based on the headstock, that one's definately a Bass Collection or a Tune, and now that I think about it, I remember BC's and Tune's with walnut tops on light (maple?) backs with P/J EMG setups.

18. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Yep - looks like a Tune (not sure I've ever seen a BC with a laminated top - but I haven't seen many).

So, BTW, who are Moonspell? :)
  19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Bass collection i think- or maybe a Tune- but im proud of myself because i said to myself " bass collection " before i saw the revealing pic- ;)
  20. i am guessing it is a very nice bass