Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know when Tenacious D is releasing another CD?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Dec 9, 2003.

1. I wasn't sure what board to put this in, so Ill just put it here. Im fiending for more Tenacious D, do they have a CD planned for release anytime soon?

2. As a card carrying old fart, I'm accustomed to not having my tastes challenged in any formidable way. I go along like I usually do, dismissing most of the new stuff I hear as the same ol' crap, nope nuthin' new here...

THEN...

My 16 year old turns me on to Tenacious D and I've suddenly got to sit down and rest awhile. I really like these guys! I could do without all of the gratuitous vulgarity (some is fine ;) ) but I like the tunes and the talent it takes to do it like that. Their arrangements are quite entertaining and the playing is great. They've done some homework somewhere along the way.

And here I thought "Tenacious D" was some West Coast rap hopper with a beltline larger than his talent.:rolleyes:

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
  4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    As much as I love the album, it will be very difficult to follow it up. Great as it is, it *is* a novelty record that trades on a limited number of humorous themes (although quite brilliantly). I hope I'm wrong, but any followup is going to have a hard time living up to the first. Their sauce *is* strong, so just maybe...

:bassist:

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Did you check out their dvd? After seeing that I have no doubt that the next album and movie will be hilarious. I think they are both very talented and witty, I expect another great cd.

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No - I'll add that to my must-see list - thanks!