Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Small Wooden Ramp About 36" x 16"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I guess this is music related but it seems better fit here. I want to build a pedalboard, but all of my power tools are deep in the storage unit so making my own probably isn't an option. Anyone know where I can get a plywood or MDF ( or metal wire) ramp about 36" x 16" x 4-6"?

I want it in a ramp formation so I can drill holes in the pedalboard and loop the cords underneath it, and attach a powerstrip to its insides.

Longshot, but I had to ask. Thanks.

2. home hardware or whatever you have in your crazy country :p

buy the wood, nails and a hammer. :D

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'd need a circular or table saw to cut the triangular sides to size though. Maybe Home Depot has triangular pieces that would be about the right size, but I've not seen them before.

4. PM me some specs, and I will be happy to make it for you.

I recently finished a pedalboard for someone else here, but haven't heard from him in a few weeks.... :meh:

Bryan, I could even meet you half way, since we're pretty close...

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What a cool guy Ron is. If it doesn't work out, stop by a local skate park, and ask someone to build you a ramp. :D

-Mike

6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Mon Rominee has very kindly offered to build and ship one to me...I'm once again struck by the kindness of fellow TBers. :)

7. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Bryan...
    For reference, Home Depot doesn't carry triangular peices of wood like that. The only thing we carry for construction that's not just a board is stringers for stairs. Also, they will not make any mitre cuts for liability issues, so for those of you thinking you can avoid working a saw, or whatever, unfortunately, you are SOL. Sorry. :meh:

What an awesome guy Mon Rominee is though, huh? Mon, while you are building things, I could use a new coffee table and entertainment center. *wink wink nudge nudge* :smug:

8. Eh, ain't no thang, we just have alot of cut-offs here. :smug:

Oh, and I COULD make a coffee table, but you REALLY want it out of birch ply? :D