1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone know where to buy Badass II pre-slotted saddles?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by sunbeast, Aug 23, 2007.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Been searching like crazy, but can only find the unslotted replacement saddles for sale anywhere- does Badass sell the slotted saddles seperately, or would I have to buy a new bridge? (to specify- I'm looking for a place to buy slotted saddles seperately, NOT an entire bridge!)

I have a tendency to switch parts/ hardware between basses on a regular basis and the string slots on my current Badass bridge don't match with the spacing on the bass I want to move it to...would like to have one set of saddles that will work on both basses!

Thanks,
    Karl

2. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
  3. dude, cheaper to buy a new one, and slot it yourself. Takes 10 seconds per saddle. Take a small file or the corner of a mill file and file out a small notch where the strings sits

4. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks Rod, but I was just looking for the replacement saddles and not the whole bridge! If possible, I'd like to salvage the Badass II I already have. I know you can buy the unslotted saddles seperately, so I thought they might sell the slotted ones seperately as well!

Thanks,
    Karl