1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone know where to get a cheap bass neck please?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by yoshi, Apr 10, 2004.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all. I've been creating a bass body over the last few days and realized that I've marked out the bits (pickups, bridge etc) in places suitable only for a 24 fret/less neck (due to the length and end scale sizes).

This means that I can't whack on my 21fret neck from my old jazz copy so my only other option is a new neck.

I've looked on ebay but can't find any. I'll check out the local music shop when I go into town this week but tohught I'd ask/beg, parasitically, on here first!

Thanks!

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    The cheapest I've found quality necks is on Warmoth, for around $300 CAD. Check 'em out, it's quality stuff.

www.warmoth.com

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

However, it's far too expensive for me to even think about - I literally am after pretty much any 24 fret/less neck (so long as it isnt mega warped) for as cheap as possible - ie below £40 or so...

If it comes to it, I'll just buy a used bass for around £120 and use the parts from that

4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I think looking for a cheap 24 fretted bass is a better bath. Then just take the neck off.

5. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Try www.brandoniguitars.co.uk, their site doesn't show it, but I got a catalogue a while back and they had some 24 fret necks, all kinds of crazy things :D And they're UK based, which'd be handy...