1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone know where to get a fedora?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cato, Nov 6, 2006.

1. cato

cato Low End Newb

Jun 26, 2006
    I've always liked wearing hats but a baseball cap isn't cutting it anymore. Been searching around the net for about an hour or so now trying to find a place to get a nice fedora hat or two (for as little as possible ;) ).

Anyone have suggestions where I should look?

2. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    Hide in the bushes near your local synagogue. You're sure to find something to your liking passing by soon (especially on Friday evenings.) Snatch a lid from a yid. But don't tell anyone I put you up to it. :ninja:

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    check out kangol's. they make great hats. i own a couple.

www.kangol.com

4. Wait.. not a fodera? :confused:

5. RaTTeR

RaTTeR Don't forget your towel!

Dec 25, 2005
    Riverside, Ca
  6. Oh damn, that is the name of those! I love them, I even have one at home. I feel kind of embarassed now :eek: I must look into this more-so.

7. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Sono est omnia Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    [​IMG]

:bag:

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    But don't all their hats have their trademark on them?

I hate that stupid little kangaroo.

I would dig a fedora, or a porkpie, or a 'newsie'* hat. But I don't want it if it puts a symbol that irritates me on display on my head.

*If that's what they're called where you are. It's that little hat like the one Samuel L. Jackson wears backwards all the time. I'd probably wear it backwards too. I like the floppier ones best.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like derbys and bowlers but I think fedoras look pretty dorky. They make me think of the 80's and Ralph Machio or something.

bc

10. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think it's called the "HipAssMoFo" hat. At least that's what I call mine.

Attached Files:

12. I got a fedora from The Hat Company in Nevada, their site is www.thehatco.com

13. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Seriously the best thing to do is look in the Yellow Pages for a local hat shop, or make a trip into the nearest city to check out their hat shops. Fedoras and other "shaped" hats have to fit you just right, or you'll never really wear or enjoy them. Try on everything in the shop. I've found that some hats that I thought would look cool ended up looking dorky on me, and some which only looked good when I actually tried them on.

14. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I'm the proud owner of an Indiana Jones replica fedora (a clean, non-beaten up one :D), as well as a run-of-the-mill black fedora I picked up at a hat shop a few years back.

The shop's out of business now :meh:

I'm not sure what the best hat shop is online, so I'll direct you to all of the previous posts :smug:

EDIT: I can't remember for the life of me where I got that Indy fedora. I know I got my replica Indy jacket from eBay, but that's about it.

...what? I'm an Indiana Jones fan :smug:

15. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Ah, now I'm starting to understand your perversity a little better.

16. There are lots on ebay.

I got mine from Camden Market though :)

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    try your local goodwill

19. The Kangaroo would be a KANGOL hat. They make various styles, but pretty much all of em have the 'roo on em.

20. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I kinda like the Kangol hats. I'm debating on buying one.

Anyways, You can't wear a Fedora unless you're an upright player from the 20s-50's.

Seriously, have you seen that camel light cigarette ad? Even though I'm against smoking, the guy looked cool, cause he had an upright, and a fedora.

;)