1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone know whereto get casters for my cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevorus, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Where can I get them?
    They are about 30 dollars at the local hardware store.

2. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    Partsexpress.com

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  4. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    Meaning that a good set of casters is about 30 bucks. Actually, I think if you go to a music store and ask them to order some, it will probably be more like $20.

5. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    Or you could go to walmart and pick them up for $2 a piece.:bag:

6. Last time I put Ernie Ball pop-out casters on a cab, they cost about $33, IIRC.

7. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Cool Casters last longer and are WAY more stylee than most stock cab casters. I've never had a set of manufacturer recommended wheels that didn't rattle, and promptly crumple to pieces with regular use. At 110 lbs of weight bearing PER WHEEL "Cool Casters" actually live up to their name because you wont have to replace them in a year. They roll like they are on fresh ice, and you can get them with locks too. Around the same price as the ones already mentioned: around $8 +/- shipping per wheel, you won't regret the switch, rollerblade-wheel casters are the bomb! I like two locking on the front, and 2 free rollers on the back. Makes a cab extra stable when you pop out those back wheels for the tilt. I'm sorry the cab I put them on was passed on in a Phil Jones GAS attack last year otherwise I'd post a pic. If I needed wheels right now, I'd get another set of these in a second.
    http://www.coolcasters.com/

8. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    A dolly could cost you more but is healthier for your stuff. Buy some good casters bolt them to some good marine grade plywood. Paint it black put one or two welcome mats on for sticktion and your're good. If you ever run a cab with inset or screwed on casters into a rut you may damage the cab. With a dolly the load will slide. With the welcome mat you get some cushioning from the vibration of sidewalks cobblestones or tile. The Racknroller is a great piece for moving lots of gear with little vibration. I even shorten mine use it with just my bass and a Baby Blue II to go long distances. Perfect.