Anyone know why Thomann won't ship Warwick parts to the U.S. anymore?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by donahue, May 14, 2019.

1. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    I was just on Thomann.de and had a cart full of Warwick hardware. When I entered my shipping country this message appears:

"We are quite disappointed with Warwick for preventing us from shipping to your country of choice. Please consider products of a different manufacturer or switch to another delivery country."

??? Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there another place to buy Warwick parts at a reasonable price? I"ve purchased from them before with no problems? Please don't tell me this has anything to do with the current political climate :(

Edit: So does this go for basses too?

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    If Warwick is preventing it, Warwick must have a deal with a US distributor that wants competition minimized. Email or search Warwick's site for the current US distributor.

TolerancEJ and DirtDog like this.
  3. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    That's common for a variety of brands. There' a U.S. Warwick distributor and you're on their turf. Contact your local Warwick dealer or the U.S. distributor.

4. KMC are the U.S. distributors and will point you to a local dealer.

5. donahue

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Does anybody have a link? Is there a U.S. website that you can purchase parts from?

6. donahue

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    I called KMC and they said there are no dealers near me (Oregon). He then transferred me until I got a ladie's voicemail. I just want to buy some Warwick parts. Why are they making it so hard? That has to hurt their business. I just need a website I can buy from. Sheeesh

7. Full Compass can get Warwick Parts. It's not a common request, but it can be done without much issue.

Full Disclosure: I work in Service Parts for Full Compass. Give us a call or shoot us an email if you'd like.

donahue likes this.
  8. donahue

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    I will say it's a little ironic that you can buy parts directly from Warwick overseas, but not from a company that sell them, also overseas. Directly from Warwick is more expensive, and that site is kind of hard to navigate. I need to look at other options.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021