Anyone like/heard of Love?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass87, May 13, 2003.

1. Probably my favourite band at the moment. Late 60's psychedelic band from L.A. Arthur Lee, their frontman, was the first person to hire one Jimi Hendrix for a session, and they introduced The Doors to their record label.

Haven't heard them mentioned at all around here :( Anyone like them?
  2. I like them.

"Live and Let Live" is one of my favorites by them.
  3. 'O the snot has kicked against my pants, it has turned into crystal' has to be one of the best lines ever written :D
  4. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Yes - I think they're magnificent, Arthur Lee is a fantastic songwriter and lyricist! I'd love to hear Forever Changes without the strings though, apparently it was recorded and the strings dubbed in later. The interplay between them is very musical. They sound well ahead of their time too. There was a great digitally remastered box set recently released which is well worth getting - some AMAZING live jams as well.
  5. I couldn't imagine Forever Changes without the strings, though I'm sure it would be interesting.

The box set sounds good, and apparently there is going to be a DVD soon of Arthur Lee and his backing band on the Forever Changes tour from the performance in London earlier this year. I went to see them in Milton Keynes and it was amazing! The DVD should be great too.
  6. Bumpity bump

Anyone else?
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have a song from them 7+7? I think. I remember it from when I was a kid. CKLW used to play it on the radio. They was cool.
  8. 7 & 7 Is I think its called. Very cool song :D
  9. gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Back in the 60's, the band I was in covered a lot of their songs, My Little Red Book, 7&7is, Hey Joe, to name a few. In fact we started out with Love's version of Hey Joe, and went into Hendrix's. They were a great band but never made it very big.

10. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Phwew, I thought this thread was about Courtney.
    Yes I remember them. We did several of their songs in one of my bands. Very progressive for their time.