Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone like Robert Trujilo?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Basroil, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Hes the current bassist of Metallica. His playing style is really cool, and so is his gear.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I love Trujillo. He rocked in the Infectious Grooves, and I think he's a great addition to Metallica.

3. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Yeah, he fits in great with them.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm guessing you've heard him slap in the Infectious Grooves? He's a maniac.

5. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Actually, Ive only heard him in Metallica. Ill have check out Infenctinous Grooves.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Just to clear up any confusion, Robert Trujilo did not play on St. Anger, just in case.

Yeah, his playing in Metallica is rather tame compared to the Infectious Grooves.

7. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Yeah, Hetfield did bass on the record. But Trujillo did the video for Frantic and St.Anger.

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Actually, Bob Rock (the producer) did.

9. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Ah, my mistake, I read somewhere Hetfield did. :meh:

10. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    But it's not his playing that you hear in the videos, which is kind of silly and funny if you think about it. :meh:

11. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yeah man, I remember seeing him with Mike Muir. Now that was really going wild on a gig IYAM.

12. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    but it is his playing on the live DVD that came with the album :bassist:

13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have liked Rob since his Suicidal days. He puts on a helluva show and you can tell he really likes what he is doing.

SUICIDAL for life! :bassist:

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    robert trujillo is a freekin' nutball...awesome bassist

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's strange, I don't like the vocals for Sucidal... but they sound okay in Infectious... hmmm. I don't know, in the early ST days the singer couldn't sing, the later days, his vocals were blown out from not being able to sing. :meh:

16. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    If im not mistaken, he was also in Ozzy, and he went to Metallica, then Jason went to Ozzy.

17. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah, that's how it went. Though Jason's with Voivod now.

When I saw Metallica live I thought Rob fit in really well, he played perfectly, and even had a cool solo in the middle of the show. I still can't get over the whole crab-walk thing but his playing more than makes up for that!

I haven't listened to Infectious Grooves though, anyone wanna reccomend a good place to start with them? (what albums to buy, etc.)

Thanks,
    Graeme

18. Rob was in ozzy, I dont think jason went to ozzy, but i heard he did, but now jason is in a band called voivod.

19. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I think he's too good to be in Metallica.

20. That may be.. but I am anxious to hear a new album when Rob can show his bass playing on it. Maybe he'll influence them to do something else. I think there is a bit of potential now, we'll see.