Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Like Ska?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by stingray96191, Jan 28, 2004.

1. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    Is anyone else familiar with this site?

www.purevolume.com

Its an amazing sevice alot like mp3.com only much easier to use and maintain.

while we are on the subject.. check out my band there... www.purevolume.com/thelemmiwinks

Its ska from the iron city.. Currently we are the number 7 most played unsigned ska band, and i think our self recording came out extremly well. Let me know what you think.

PM me that you listened to it and i will send you a Lemmiwinks Pin straight from our merch site.

Thanks.

Check it out

www.purevolume.com/thelemmiwinks
    www.thelemmiwinks.tk

2. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm liking it. I'm pretty into ska/reggae/punk stuff, so I think it's pretty cool. Sounds more reggae influenced than average ska, get some horns in there man. I really like those reggae breakdowns.

3. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    Thanks for listening.

We have horns ona couple of songs on the record.. but i think thats hwaht sets us apart from the pack.. and in pittsburgh thats what its all about.

Any more comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Aaron P

4. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    That's cool. Send me over a cd will you? I'd like to check out the rest of your other stuff. I'm guessing you play a 'Ray?

5. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm into ska. Band's called Super Pineapples. We just aquired a much better horn section than the one on our CD, and we're about to start gigging again in the Santa Cruz area.

http://san.phez.net/spsamples

6. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Nice Natrab. I pretty much stole all those songs off your website and put them on a cd for my listening pleasure. sorry.

7. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    No problem. That'll just be $150,000 a song in a federal court of law BAHAHAHHAHA.

hehe. But really, I'd rather have thousands listen to my music for free than 10 people who paid for it.

8. LouisB

LouisB Guest

Aug 23, 2003
    Guernsey, UK
    I really like that natrab, sounds great. So what's everybody's favourite ska/punk CD/Band? Keasbey Nights (Catch 22) is one of my top albums of any genre, and Streetlight Manifesto are as good as I hoped :D

9. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Hmmm, probably reel big fish. they are a great ska band, also check out the blue meanies.