1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone Like The Bass Emporium, Austin, TX?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Apr 16, 2006.

1. TreeChild

TreeChild

Feb 28, 2005
    Wimberley, TX
    i bought a Gk neo 212 from them. wonderful guys, wonderful store.
    definitely give them a visit if you can.

2. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    great store. I highly recommend it.

3. jrduer

jrduer

Jun 27, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    Great place; great guys. Wish I had more money to spend there.

~John

4. slamzilla

slamzilla Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    DFW
    Fantastic store and great customer service from the guys. Get ready for a gas attack though. Get them to hook up one of the new Bergantino Ip's for ya!
    Zilla

5. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

I bought my Aggie DB-750 from Glenn. He was Great! He stands behind everything he sells!

I thought I was having a problem with the amp after I received it so I sent him a note asking questions. He called me bach with the CTO of Aguilar on the line to assist me! Now THATS service!

6. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    If you are going to be in ATX soon and you play bass it's a must that you stop in there. Awesome high end selection and the guy who owns the place is real helpful, knowledgable and just cool.
    -Bazz-

7. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've purchased two basses and several other items in the last couple of years from Bass Emporium. I would do business with them anytime. John Files is one of the most knowledgable guys when it comes to bass guitars and gear that I've ever talked to.

8. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Yes, I visited there several times when I lived in Austin - good place. John did some repair work for me too.

9. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Its the only place I shop. :)

10. I go to Austin 6-8- times a year and therefore go to the Bass Emporium 6-8 times a year! They have moved in the last year (maybe 6 months) but they are not far from where they were.

You'll not find a better place to see and try basses you cant find at your typical GC.

11. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I bought my NV215 from them... John Files, in particular. He boxed it up and had it shipped all the way here to Honolulu!

I was in Fort Worth last October. I was on my way back from Atlanta... doin' some bid'ness... so I figured, since the airplane had to stop off at DFW anyway, I might as well get out and visit some family for a few days. While there, I decided I'd rent a car and take a drive down to Austin. I wanted to check-out Bass Emporium and introduce myself to 'ol Jim. It took me just a little over three hours to get there... what the heck... I was averaging 85 mph on I-35... as was most everyone else! I found Bass Emporium fairly easily... only to find it closed! :( You see... I made my trip down there on a Monday, and the store is closed on Mondays... :confused: ...I should've looked at their website for business hours before I left. Oh well... at least I had a nice drive in that Chrysler 300 I rented...:D

12. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Never bought anything there, but the guys that work there are real nice and very knowledgeable. I think it's a great store. Rumor is they're going to start carrying Skjold, so that's awesome.

13. Have any of you ever attended any of the great bass clinics that they have had there? I know that Chuck, Manring, and Gary Willis held clinics there over thet past few years.

I was thinking about doing a bass/drums/composition clinic there with special guests @ Summer NAMM time, since I will already be in town. Can that store hold a Terry Bozzio-sized kit???????? Ha ha!!!

Would anyone be interested in this type of event???

14. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

+1 ... :D
    very cool people to deal with ...

15. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Very cool place to visit. I have not yet bought anything in there, but I like go look around on my lunch hour. I'm on long-term temp with a nearby company. Fixing to end this assignment. I think I will go by there on lunch and buy some strings or something, pay them back for all the afternoons spent browsing. :)

Cool shop, nice guys!

Cherie :)

16. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    they're super cool, and extremely helpful. When I had a problem getting replacement parts for my warwick, they were the ones who were finally able to help me out, and they're not even warwick dealers!

17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I bought an amp from John a few years back. He was EXTREMELY helpful and friendly through the whole process. It really wasn't expected, but he threw in a t-shirt, set of strings, and covered the insured shipping on a very heavy tube amp!

18. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm saving up for a Lakland Skyline 55-02d. They're who I'm going to buy it from.

19. 0fret

0fret

Dec 16, 2007
    Italy
    I'm trying to get in touch with them...but their email address sales@bassemporium.com does not seem to work well... all my emails have come back within seconds....
    Does anyone of you know an alternative email address that I can use??
    Thanks guys