Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone listen to Bright Eyes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by munkycharmz, Jun 13, 2003.

1. So.... I did a search but nothing came up. Anyone here listen to Bright Eyes? No real strong bass songs come to mind but songs are still listenable (is that a word). IMO hes the best young songwriter out there.
    any thoughts.

drew

2. I KNOW I SURE DO!
    lover i dont have to love and waste of paint are my favorite songs....!!! yay! happyness.
    -shoonk

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Never heard of 'em.

4. I enjoy "From a balance beam" and "Haligh, Haligh"

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I can't stand this guy. His voice sounds like hes constantly on the verge of crying. Take the annoyingness of dashboard confessional and multiply by 5 and you get bright eyes.

Isn't he supposed to be a schizophrenic or something?

6. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Its wesley willis gone emo!?!!

7. I like Bright Eyes, but I wouldnt call myself a fan. As far as emo music goes, i think bright Eyes get too much praise.

8. well, i think he's downright awful. but a lot of my friends like him. i'm more of a neutral milk hotel type.

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I would say Emo in essence of song writing cause hes a very very depressed guy, but I wouldn't say Emo in a musical stance. The music is very very good, they are talented musicians, slide guitar player, lap steel, a mandolin, vibraphone, drummer, keyboardist, bassist, very well choriographed, his voice is an aquiored taste, or a sound that some people just don't like. They are all very talented, and the metaphorical content of his lyrics are amazing, and I couldn't ever compare him/ them to Dashboard, he only has like 2 songs where it's just him singing and playing guitar.
    peace
    -Ben

10. You should so go to hell for that.

11. Even though I live in his hometown, I have never listened to him. Some people around here love him, but that might just be because he got some what famous and is from here. Might need to go listen to some of his music.

jtbp

12. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    :D But I like wesley willis!

silly panda! :rolleyes:

13. Wesley Willis would never go emo! It's impossible! He rocks to hard for emo. If he played emo, all the emo and indie kid's heads would explode and they'd poo their pants at how awesome he made their marginal music. And then their heads would explode and we'd have lots of burnt hair and scorched trucker caps (along with smelly pants) all over the place!!

For shame! You should know that! :mad:

14. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well big will.. for your enjoyment

wesley willis - I beat up an emo kid..

I caught an emo kid on my property
    I saw him trespassing my sunny day real estate
    I reached into my pocket for a pistol
    I came after him and pistol-whipped his behind

I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid

I beat that emo kid to a pulp
    I gave him a yell-down war hell ride
    I told him that I was going to kill him if he don't get off my sunny day real estate
    I gave five minutes to get in his pinto and hit the emotional road

I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid

At 10:00 PM, he drove his pinto back to my sunny day real estate
    he jumped over my fence after dark
    He picked up a brick and shattered my window pane
    I sighted him doing it and reached for my pistol
    Suddenly, he jumped back in his pinto and took off like O. J. Simpson

I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid
    I beat up an emo kid

Rock over london,
    Rock on chicago.
    Dave Costelo, photoshop extrodernair.

------------------
    no offence to emo kids, lol they are alright by me.

15. WESLEY WILLIS... is my god. Dude, who else can make thousands of songs that sound the same, and have them all kick so much ass? (See the "Suck a (Insert animal)'s (Insert Genitalia) series of songs). They own! I beat up an emo kid is the best thing... ever. you should send that to him, i bet hed put it on a record. If he ever gets out of the hospital :bawl:. <3 Wesley Willis <3

Pat

16. i actually dont liek emo...but bright eyes has a nifty spanish sound.
    -shoonk

17. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well......creed makes hundreds of songs that sound the same, but dont really kick any ass at all.:D

18. Wait, don't you mean Pearl Jam? I mean... Nickelback! Right! No... that's not it...

19. You have redeemed yourself.

ahhhhh

20. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Whole Emo-thing makes my brain hurt. As if we wouldn't have enough whiny whiners in modern rock anyways :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but it's painful to listen at! :meh: