Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone listen to Eno's ambient stuff?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Apr 9, 2005.

1. I just picked up Apollo today and it's really beautiful. I'm starting to get into IDM and ambient and other electronic non-pop kinds of music, like Mum and Autechre and Four Tet. But this record sounds like it would be the most appealing for someone who listens to "regular" music.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for something relaxing, introspective and different.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm wondering if I'd dig that. I love his pop rockish stuff. He's one of those guys that I don't know what I'm going to get with... not unlike some box of chocolates. I'd like to have some pure ambient music.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, actually I guess I kind of have. I bought the James album "Wah Wah" which is more an Eno album. It's ambientish with a mix of the classic Eno sound.

4. My favortie Eno is what he did on Bowie's Berlin trilogy.

Apollo is good, you made a good choice.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    On a side-ish note... I could have produced Devo's "Are We not Men" better than he did. :p

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've heard a lot of great Eno stuff and I have various albums around here.

Music for Airports is probably my favorite of his albums that I have or have heard.

Some of Fripps ambient type stuff is very good IMO. I don't care so much for the ones that are more cacophanyish but my favorites are A Blessing of Tears and his early, rudimentary Let the Power Fall..I always come back to that one.

brad cook