Anyone listen to music while you cook?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cossie, Jul 8, 2008.

1. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    Odd question I know, but lately i've been listening to Ac/Dc when I'm cooking my lunch or my dinner - proper cooking now, not just "remove from freezer or fridge, place in microwave" :p

It's really enjoyable, it helps with the timing of the different ingredients and really helps me unwind in the evenings too.

2. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    I do. What I listen to is according to what I'm cooking.

Usually jazz (Miles Davis, John Coltrane) or jazz influenced (Incognito, Sade).

I find cooking relaxing so the music is usually relaxing, too. Of course the beer helps... :bassist:

3. Arsenal_Fierce

Arsenal_Fierce

May 28, 2008
    Chicago
    I do, but I usually listen to music when I'm puttering around the apartment anyway. For some reason I tend to cook to ska - early Aquabats, Dance Hall Crashers, Shaka Labbits (J-ska), and so on.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Background music is always nice to have when preparing a meal.

5. If I don't have music isn't playing around me, at any given point, something's wrong.

6. I listen to music all the time, especially while cooking.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    yes and when i do the washing up.

8. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Not really. I don't have a sound system in my kitchen and I can't put up the volume in the living room too much without disturbing my neighbors. Sometimes I have music on but the noise from the frying pans and other stuff buries the music pretty quickly...

Music while BBQing is a different story. Put on a song with a big funky groove and I bet the meat will get extra tender... :)

9. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    when i used to cook, i would put on komeda (the band, not the composer). mostly because the dog, cat and bird all liked it. me and the bird would get into dance-offs.

the bird would usually win. she liked komeda and she's a good dancer.

10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Yeah. I love music to cook by. Usually instrumental stuff, old jazz or 70's fusion.

11. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I listen to music whenever I do basically anything.

I get into trouble when I cook though (seriously, I can burn water...) so music, the kitchen, and me do not mix.

12. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    I always listen to Bootsy while cooking noodles all the time!

13. Most certainly! Two of my favorite things together.

14. I do if I am cooking a big meal (like Thanksgiving) or preparing for a party. I also like to listen to music while I am cleaning!