Anyone listen to Q and Not U?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Has anyone here ever listen to Q and Not U? I think they are a very cool band with a bassist with great meaty tone and some very cool lines, I love the drummer, and the guitarist are really cool. They do some very cool breakdowns in their stuff too. Tell me you thoughts if you've heard them, but if you haven't, they're very cool stuff check them out!

Reccomended listening (Songs)

-Hooray for Humans (check out how the bass and drums tie together)
    -Nine Things Everybody Knows
    -The More I Get the More I want
    -Soft Pyramids
    -Air Conditions
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I apologize for hijacking this thread but, for some reason, I'm not able to post a new thread. Anyway, two things:

I bopped into Bass Alone the other day, and came to find out that John DiMaggio has sold it to a man named Val L'Heureux. Now Val is every bit as friendly and helpful as John. He says John has gone to work for Taylor Guitars (I think John's wife works there too). Val's investigating whether to add the Eden line, but right now he's got tons of Bergantino stuff, including the new IP line, plus EA and Aguilar. I tried to talk him into carrying Lakland, too, which John would never do. There are no Eden or Lakland dealers in San Diego (the country's seventh largest city) right now.

Second, I would tell you about the new (used) '01 American Jazz Deluxe V I just got, but I don't have pictures yet, so I won't.

That's all.

Now back to our regular programming.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    They're pretty cool, better than most of the 'dance-punk' ilk that they got lumped in with. I don't know much of their stuff, just the song off the Dischord Box set and random songs here and there in my friend's cars.

They dumped their bass player after their first release though, still good though.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is that ....the Qintar's favourite band....:eek: :ninja: