Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone listen to the song "Cyprian" ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Sep 24, 2002.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I was just wondering if anyone got to listen to "Cyprian" off our new CD (Pre Release version).. take a listen at mp3.com and tell me what you think about it. Any feedbacks are welcomed.. Im also taking some suggestions on what to add for my bass lines :) So far this is the best recorded bassline on our mp3s...

:) Any feedbacks welcome

2. I know I already told you this, but the intro kinda reminds me of Creed.
    :p

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    lol. you already told me that on AIM :) Just asking for other opinions.. it does NOT sound like Creed.

4. I like the song a lot. No suggestions for the bassline. I'd like the mix to bit a bit heavier on the guitars and bass, less drums and vocals, but that is just my personal taste. Overall, sounds real good.

I really like the parts when the singer really gets into it and sings hard...if you know what I mean.

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I like it, pretty cool:)
    Unfortunately I can't hear the bass very well because my speakers suck..

6. I have a short attention span, Ok.... I could only take the first 4.5 minutes.. but from what I did hear..I had A hard time hearing the bass. I have a good set of Infinity speakers too. The bass just seemed to be lost in the mix..to many guitars......, Heard it 100,000 before, "Sound". whatever. you guys sounded tight. Good luck with your new song.

Fetch!

7. Reminds me A LOT of A Perfect Circle. Not bad, though. :)

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    can hardly hear the bass?? why is that?? hmm....thats odd.. i can hear it ;)

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dark mazda- I love the tune!! I dont say that very often, it is awesome and YES I could hear the bass.

Was this done in a studio or home setup?

10. DarkMazda..Hey,,,,,,Ok I just listen to whole song this time with headphones....Plus the water finally came out of my ears.at the first listen I had just got in from a 4 hour surf session....Sorry! It sounds great. The bass sounds just fine.... you have a fine band there..... Best of luck to you and your bands new CD:)

11. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Studio.. the guy didn't know how to mix for ****.. or record the guitars right... we were really pissed.. but oh well.. thats the best we got from it :(

PS: Lots of people ask me if this song was pick played.. and NO it was not.. finger played baby :)

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    yes its my favorite part as well.. our singer can actually sing lol

13. well, it doesn't sound like creed. it sounds a lot like tool though, especially the singer.

i can hear the bass fine as an instrument, but i think the song overall should have been mixed with more low end. you don't SOUND as heavy as you ARE, if that makes any sense. :)

i don't really prefer the style of music, but for what it is i think it's really good.