Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone live in Australia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by liran, Sep 4, 2001.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hello,
    I am going to visiting Australia next summer, and I was just gonna ask if any of you are from Australia. If so, just give me a rundown on the culture and customs there. thank you.

2. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Are you sure they will even let you in ;)

Joke. :D

3. Here's a tip:

Don't arrive in Australia on a cargo ship with 400 Afghan refugees...they probably won't let you in.

4. Hi skafreak,
    Theres quite a few of us on TB from Australia.
    Where in Australia are you heading?
    Back to your question, Australia's customs and culture in the cities isnt a whole lot different then the US. Different story in the country though.
    I've met some people who have come from the US and they have said that the Australian lifestyle and customs, as well as the land, are very much like that of California.
    Is there anything specific that you would like to know? I've spent a lot of time in the cities and in the country so if there is anything specific that you would like to know just ask. Theres a few Aussies on here so we'll be able to answer.
    Btw, Im thinking that you like Ska? You might like to check out a band over here called 'Area 7'. They are a brilliant ska band.
    Not if you come by boat! If you do, prepare to be met by a warship and boarded by Navy SEALS. ;) Nothing says 'Welcome' like 200 men with guns. :D
    Gee, we cause one little international incident... And everyones a comedian.

5. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Beer + football

That's it really. :)

Seriously, it's not much different to a US country town apparently. The people here are friendly. Which part of Australia are you visiting?

Try this official Australian tourism site specifically for US visitors:

Click here...

6. hahahahaha, you hit on the head there dude ;)

7. You mean the ASAS, SEALS are the American outfit.

8. :cool:
    Either way, when they board your ship, its never good for business.
    Jim

9. If ya jump the ditch into New Zealand, give me a yodel.

10. Land of Maori, All-blacks...and sheep. Lots and lots of sheep. Like Wales except no sex with sheep.. ;)

11. Its a good thing you asked, i mean so many people come to Australia and forget thatwe have the most deadliest creatures in the world. yep, you have to be tougher than mad max to survive out here.

thats why you should go to www.bigcoight.com to get some tips.

:D:D

Merls

I am so fullof **** aren't i!

12. :( To all fellow Kiwi's:

Don't you just hate how everyone outside of NZ thinks that there are sheep running around all over the damn place!

13. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001

Well, they do have to run away from all the Kiwis after them... ;)

[Sorry, the opportunity was too good to pass! :D I am an Aussie after all!]

14. Good to hear you're coming to Australia!
    You'll find it's like a combination of America and England, but with better beaches:D
    Generally Aussies are very laid back friendly people, and Australia is fiarly multi-cultural.

15. The Lizard King is right, I've also heard Australia likened to California.
    Where in Australia are you staying?

16. Oh I don't think that...I'm sure most of the time the sheep are all safely in the brothels...

;)

17. yea

damn, there are hardly any sheep in NZ
    its not like u go outside and u see sheep in ur backyard or wat eva!

18. and they also have kool accents cough...cough :D they say six strangly too :p

they also have a good rugby team but the All Blacks are better even though aussie beat them :(

19. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I thinl I could be persuaded to move there. From what I have seen and heard, its the place to be.

Mike

20. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    don't come to Melbourne is alls i can say. absolute f*cken sh*thole, theres nada to see here and all the koories will hassle you for ciggies :D
    perth rocks, go there - in fact my band is touring perth come christmas, so goddammit, that just makes it all the more special ;) :p
    we speak funny. we like to see tall, well-muscled men in tight shorts chasing an oddly-shaped ball around an oval. we find meat pies highly arousing. we also sometimes find it necessary to put shrimp on top of barbie. be prepared to take a shot of heroin in the eyeball on entry to Melbourne (it's an initiation thing).

oh yeah, John Howard is a gimp. dont listen to him because of that.. he'll just tell you to get back on your katamaran anyway.