Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone live in or around Estes Park, CO?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Apr 14, 2004.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    After spending about 2 hours in Estes Park and spending a week not far from there many years ago I decided that it would be a nice place to come back to for vacation some day. So this June the wife and I will be taking a little getaway to Estes Park for probably 5 days or so.

So if anyone is real familiar with the area tell me some things that we should do and perhaps any other romantic little nearby areas that we should consider spending some of our time in. I think the best sunset I've ever seen was one evening from Loveland. That sun setting over the mountains with big clouds in the sky after a rain shower was something to behold.

brad cook

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ok let me try again...even if you don't live there has anyone visited and have suggestions for activities or other surrounding towns to visit? I guess we don't really have many Coloradans here.

brad cook

3. You could check into visiting the Stanely hotel. It is supposed to haunted and its where they filmed the movie The Shining.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My sister and Bro-inlaw formerly of Fort Collins(now Denver) took us up that way a while back. Yeah, a great place to see stuff. We climbed alot of mini-mountains. (My sister was trying to get me to puke)
    Personally I liked Wyoming too. Flat lands crashing into the mountains. Just an incredible sight. We had good weather, you could see storms in the distance.

Wyoming would be the only place I would own and drive a motorcycle.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Probably a bit more macabre than my wife and I want on our getaway. At least you had a suggestion though, that's something!

brad cook