1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone live stream shows from there studio?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Highroler79, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Highroler79

Highroler79

Apr 24, 2013
    Hello Just looking looking to poll TB,

I have suffered a injury and have not been able to get out to play, my band has been working on our EP in my studio. I am looking to set up a weekly segment where we can have different bands play a small set and rotated from studio to studio. Thoughts???

2. RiffwRiter

RiffwRiter

Aug 23, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    Never got any response? Too bad. There was a venue local venue here for a while that did weekly live streams. They had a studio upstairs and a listening room venue downstairs. One of the owners moved and put it in hiatus. It's a shame. My band did one of their live stream shows. Here's a link, but they did a dumb thing here and started rolling the video like 3 hours ahead of time. I don't know why?

3. RiffwRiter

RiffwRiter

Aug 23, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    I'm researching ways for my new band to do periodic live streams. I'm interested in Concert Window because there is a community of people doing so a bit of a built in audience, and they offer online tipping. I think there are other sites, but I forget their names. There was another TB thread that discussed some of them.

4. Highroler79

Highroler79

Apr 24, 2013
    Cool thanks for the reply's, I am just finishing getting my studio set up. But I was thinking of doing a 1-2 hour show once a week with my band to start and do some live songs, Q&A, news etc. We are working on our Debut EP, and I was thinking this would be a great way to reach a international audience, and start to build a buzz for the EP.

5. RiffwRiter

RiffwRiter

Aug 23, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    I found the old thread. The discussion included unsurprising range of comments from "It's the next big thing" to "Any additional outlets and/or revenue streams are worth adding to a band's array of outlets/revenue streams" to old farts puzzled by the new phenomenon. It is about a year and half old, so its' likely a bit out of date, but the other sites mentioned for streaming were Younow, Live.ly/Muisc.ly, and Periscoope in addition to Concert Window and Facebook live. My 10 and 13 year old kids watch stuff on Music.ly, but they seem to be goofing off so I'm not sure what kind of good content there might be there. I've seen some stand up comedy on Live.ly. If you have a website, you could just post and archive your live streams there on your own site.

6. Highroler79

Highroler79

Apr 24, 2013
  7. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    There studio? Where?
    6BA1A493-2BE9-4CC7-AFBD-AB5F70D00890.

ihaveaquestion likes this.
  8. Highroler79

Highroler79

Apr 24, 2013
    hahahah, I'm a basest, numbers are more my thing like being able to count to for.