Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone looked at the new t-rex BassJuice yet?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33degrees, Aug 14, 2005.

1. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
  2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think DavidMWilson has tried it, all I know is it wasn't good enough for him to keep ;)

3. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    wow! thats a shames , its looks sooo cool! :crying:

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Hey it might suit you needs, I'm presuming T-rex stuff is more expensive in America and it didn't seem worth it or it might not have been better than what he currently has (and he has alot).

We shall wait for the man himself to come along

5. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    on the website it says its the same price as the swamp pedal so its about 200 euros here

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah but 200 euros is alot of $$$ and you have to add on the shipping and tax and such just to get one into a shop for you then to buy and pay even more sales tax.

Yeah it's quite cheap over here in the uk but still very much an expensive pedal.

7. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    it should be about 150 quid there in the uk, i think though it's the same as me buying a fulltone bass driver (which is what id really like) thats why im looking at the t-rex.

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Fulltone bass drive is about 230 over here which is stupid, it's good but not that good.

I'd happpily pay 150 for a good dist pedal, but the xxl bass still has my heart at a measly £89

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    someone called? ;)

I thought it was ok. It suffers from the same problems pretty much every 2 channel od/dist pedal out there for bass does.
    To do a 2 channel od/dist pedal properly you really need gain/level/tone per channel. On the t-rex, the boost gain is fixed. Now, that might work for you but it's not versatile enough for me.
    The 2 channel pedal that comes closest to working is the Barber Electronics Deep Fryer, sadly discontinued, which has gain/level per channel.

10. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    very old thread but...

anyone know how the 'moller' compares to the 'bass juice'? which is better for basic mild drive/grind tubey sounds? is there a difference in the character of the grind/dirt the drive adds?

the moller is a guitar pedal by design but has the appeal of the extra boost gain control that the bass juice lacks, the bass juice is advertised as a fuzz overdrive from what i gather.

would the moller be better for mild grindy slight overdriven in the pocket type of grooves?