Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone looking for a Geddy Lee?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Sep 22, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Check the auction.... looks like whoever doesn't know what it is!

click here...

P@

2. MUST CONTAIN GAS. I love these basses. Too bad I just bought another Warwick :(

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Me too... Just picked up an MIM Fretless... Oh well :)

-robert

4. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

The auction ends in a hour. I REALLY want one of these for my second bass. But the new ones are a bit out of my price range. I need to find a used one near me.

Why does it have to end so soon :(

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I would love to have another GL... especially at the price this bass may end at!

P@

6. Then bid on it?!

7. I've yet to see one of those around here, though I like the look of the block inlays. What makes them so desirable?

8. The special thing about them is that they are, for all intents and purposes, a '73 jazz bass with a BA2 bridge for the price of a used MIA Fender. They sound great, play great, and are very well made in Japan.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

A couple of things. As Kin Korn Karn said, they are very near USA quality, and have a Badass II bridge, which is considered by many to be an upgrade. They also have 60's reissue pickups, which to my ears sound better than the American Series pickups, and the American Deluxe pickups. And it also has a custom neck profile that is unlike anything else Fender offers. Very narrow at the nut, and very shallow as well. I love mine.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That ended up selling pretty cheap. I might of bid on it if it wasent over. :p

11. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Well, I dont have the money right now so.....