1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone looking for a surf green P, here's one

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by collicsws6z28, Mar 4, 2008.

1. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007
  2. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Why oh why did you have to show me this?????

I'm a student and I'm very broke
    :'(

3. Ditto. :(

4. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Great Googly that's sweet!

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Dang, somebody snapped that up quickly!

6. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Surf green makes me all tingly inside!!! :D ;)

That one is sure nice looking!

7. kevs

kevs

Feb 15, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh man, what a sweet axe. I love those classic colors. Bring on the Daphne Blue!

8. Nice one!! I need to get a vintage or while pearloid pickguard for mine :ninja:

9. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    No you dont! Keep yours the same way Knifemaker.

10. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Pretty bass, but I'm not sure what makes it a 62 RI: Basswood body, poly finish, modern bridge, 1.68 nut, and non-vintage tuners... Not to mention that silly disco pickguard and soft case :) And I'll bet if we could see under the hood we would find a nice plastic bobbined, vinyl wire wrapped pickup. It does have vintage style strap buttons, though. The import Fenders sure seem to take alot of liberty with labeling products as reissues, when they are never all that period correct. Just my 2 cents.

11. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    how old is it? it looks like it's in great condition.

12. Maybe my monitor needs calibration, or I'm remembering it wrong, but isn't that color called "Sea Foam"?

Not trying to be pedantic, and it probably doesn't matter if you dig that hue, but I seem to recall that's Fender's name for the color.

13. Sea Foam Green is darker and a little more green. Two different colors on the Fender color chart :) If that STUPID Yahoo BS on the ReRanch site wasn't blocking me, I'd post the link to the Fender colors :mad:

14. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Tao- I believe seafoam is slightly darker. Sorta like Sonic and Daphne blue.

15. lovemybasses

lovemybasses

Mar 4, 2007
    how sweet is that...I don't even know you - but I hate you!!!!
    don't show links like that anymore!

16. What a beauty, I'm speechless. It seems odd that the pickguard is drilled for the pick up cover but not the tug bar.

17. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    1+

18. I agreed with everthing your said right up until the silly disco pickguard silly remark :rollno:

I'd rather spend about 1-200 more and get an 80's MIJ from Japan. They are out there, some even NOS but finding them can be a real challenge.

19. 1999-2002 era ;)

20. FL Knifemaker: "Sea Foam Green is darker and a little more green. Two different colors on the Fender color chart."

Pennydreadful: "I believe seafoam is slightly darker. Sorta like Sonic and Daphne blue."

Thanks to both for the pointer. FLK - the avatar you're sportin' is a ton of cred on the subject. Penny - great description, I think I understand my error.

Time to run Adobe Gamma Loader.