1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone looking for a vintage EB-3?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    EB-3 on eBay!

[​IMG]

This looks like a really cool deal to me! I have heard lots of people talking about the bass, and here is a vintage original! Too bad I don't have any money ;):(

2. I feel the same way. :D:bawl:

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Interesting, most EB-3s have the neck pickup right up against the fingerboard.

4. Yeah. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I completely forgot about it. Most people who slap avoid EB-3's and 0's like the plague because of that issue. Though in this case...

5. Acctully, the neck pickup past the neck is not a big deal, all EB-O's, EB-3's EB-4's all had the neck pickup closer to the bridge after 1972.

6. I'm not knocking the vintage Gibsons, but, if any of you are thinking of buying an EB-3, give the Epiphone model a try. 34" scale and the pickups actually sound pretty good. About $450.

Oh, I just rememberd: Epiphone just came out with an Epiphone Elite version of the EB-3. It's about a grand, but, it's supposed to be just like the vintage ones. I think it's 34" scale.

Mike

7. LeeP

LeeP

Aug 22, 2002
    Frankfort, KY
    looks just like my baby!! (only i took off an lost the bridge cover years ago)