Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone looking for a vintage EB-3?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    EB-3 on eBay!

[​IMG]

This looks like a really cool deal to me! I have heard lots of people talking about the bass, and here is a vintage original! Too bad I don't have any money ;):(

2. I feel the same way. :D:bawl:

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Interesting, most EB-3s have the neck pickup right up against the fingerboard.

4. Yeah. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I completely forgot about it. Most people who slap avoid EB-3's and 0's like the plague because of that issue. Though in this case...

5. Acctully, the neck pickup past the neck is not a big deal, all EB-O's, EB-3's EB-4's all had the neck pickup closer to the bridge after 1972.

6. I'm not knocking the vintage Gibsons, but, if any of you are thinking of buying an EB-3, give the Epiphone model a try. 34" scale and the pickups actually sound pretty good. About $450.

Oh, I just rememberd: Epiphone just came out with an Epiphone Elite version of the EB-3. It's about a grand, but, it's supposed to be just like the vintage ones. I think it's 34" scale.

Mike

7. LeeP

LeeP

Aug 22, 2002
    Frankfort, KY
    looks just like my baby!! (only i took off an lost the bridge cover years ago)