1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone Make A Powered Monitor With a Line In?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by doc540, May 29, 2011.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    I've tried a Mackie and still have an old powered Hot Spot, but does anyone make a powered monitor that I can still run a house monitor line in into?

I'd like to get the monitor mix from the board but be able to run my individual monitor hotter.

Bueller?

2. I think most of them do that but I know for a fact that the QSC K and KW series do it and the EV zxa1 does as well. In fact, these cabs can all mix a line level input with a mic level input.

3. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
  4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    ??

all powered boxes have a line in, that's how they work.

do you mean a second line in, for mixing multiple sources?

5. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    If the house PA monitor is self powered and has an XLR thru/output then you can link another powered monitor to it.
    If it it's not powered....No. But you could take a parallel output TRS to XLR off a monitor power amp if it has a parallel out.

Or just turn down your stage volume which I'm guessing is the real problem.

6. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    the answer I was looking for

I can run my mic in channel 1 and the house line monitor mix into channel 2

thanks!

7. If you plug your mic directly into the monitor, you'll need a mic splitter to send your mic to the input of your monitor & to the mixer as well:
    Mic Splitter at Guitar Center. | Search Results

This could present some feedback problems. If your mic is too loud in your monitor there's no way to turn it down at the board. You could end up being the only one who hears you in the monitors.