1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone make an SX Geddy or other sig copy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vic Winters, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Anyone here make themselves a copy of a signature bass (Geddy, MM, etc.) using Rondo necks or bodies? Pics would be cool.

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I'm in the middle of doing just that. I bought a black SX Jazz, bought the black bound and blocked neck from SX, Bought CIJ Fender Tuners, have a BAII coming and am going to swap out the pots and pups. Essentially when I am done it will be all Fender Geddy except the body and neck. The ONLY original parts on the body will be the body itself, the neck plate, the control plate and pick guard and some screws and strap buttons...

So far the thing is still in pieces, but the neck has the tuners mounted and I may put the neck back on the body yet this week, even if the BAII is not here yet...

Check out the SX bass mega thread or search my name to see pics and info....there are also a few of the pics on my myspace page.....

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I didn't do the BAII bridge but I did a Black/Chrome SX Geddy style jazz.

MVC-009S.
    MVC-008S.
    MVC-007S.
    MVC-006S.
    MVC-005S.
    MVC-004S.
    MVC-003S.
    MVC-002S.
    MVC-001S.

4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I thought I saw a pic of an SX 5 string made up like Geddy's that looked pretty cool

5. i have one that i bought from a tb'er a while ago.
    [​IMG]

she now looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Brian those are some beefy looking tuners in the first pic, what are they?

7. they are the stock ones from sx... neck dive central!

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I really love this one. It was built by TBer Hambone for another TBer thisNSucks. It's a Steve Harris clone made from an SX P-bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Hey Brian, where did you get your pickguard? Was it a custom made or does someone actually make them for the SX?

This things pretty friggin nice, I remember when it was up for sale.
    [​IMG]

10. i got it from wdmusic. it took a bit of modifying around the control plate and pickup mounting screws and it isn't as tight as i'd like around the neck but it looks good enough to make me happy.

11. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Geddy3.