Anyone make empty wah-style project boxes?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by phatbass, Feb 14, 2009.

  1. I've been looking at getting an expression pedal but the ones I've seen are all made of plastic. I was wondering if anyone makes an empty project-type metal pedal in the style of the Dunlop wah's I could wire up myself. I don't mind paying for a decent bit of gear.

    The alternative is to wait for a dead wah to turn up, but that doesn't happen much.
  2. rratajski

    rratajski Commercial User

    Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    BYOC, but it comes w/ wah guts...
    Other than that, it's the ebayz...
  3. dannybuoy


    Aug 3, 2005
    I have seen them in the past... Small Bear maybe? Try asking BYOC or Wounded Paw where they get theirs from.
  4. Mudfuzz


    Apr 3, 2004
    Small bear, or get a B-ringer and gut it, or search e-bay of volume pedals there are over 50 years worth of them in may designs to chose from, you just have to find the right one.

    Right now I'm building a LB-1 into a old boss volume pedal [all metal [​IMG] ] for a active volume pedal for do swelling and boosting.
  5. Thanks guys; Small Bear looks like the place.
  6. lowbass68


    Feb 3, 2008
    The Boss FV-500H and the FV-500L volume pedals are all metal and can be used as an expression pedal for some effects.
  7. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jun 12, 2021

Share This Page