Anyone make Necks with matching Headstocks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magic8161, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Does anyone know if warmouth or anyone else makes a jazz neck with rosewood board pearl block inlays with custom painted headstock?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

A pearl block headstock, a maple headstock, or a headstock that matches a so-far unnamed bass body? Sorry to be literal minded, but I'm being literal minded and getting confused.

MarkoYYZ likes this.
  3. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    I'm with Gaolee... matched to what?

4. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    A matching headstock to whatever color body i go with. maybe I should say painted headstock?

5. Outside of black I don't see how anyone can offer a match. Even white has so many variations it would be tough to match. That said Warmoth offers painted headstocks and you can order a color and hope it matches enough for your taste. Here is what they say about it.

Matching Neck and Body Colors
    We can match solid colors on the bodies and necks if we paint them both at the same time - painted separately may result in less than perfect color matching and we do not recommend it. Matching transparent colors, dyes, and bursts requires that the headstock face be made of the same wood as the body top, again these must be done at the same time to insure a perfect match.

6. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    great thats what I wanted to know. I will get both the neck and body there if I go that way.. thanks

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021