1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone mind enlightening me of this schematic diagram

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Superpang, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Theres no labels so I don't know where ground and vcc and input and stuff are :/ Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    oof no help here man, my backround is construction. you should change the title to something with the word schematic in it.

3. I like that idea :)!

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It should say right on the schematic "VCC", "GND", etc. I don't know why it doesn't. I can't make out anything from that.

5. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    1 = GND
    2 = +Left
    3 = (not shown) left jack ground
    4 = right jack ground
    5 = +Right

3 & 4 just ground the input jacks when you aren't using them so that the equipment won't hum.

edit: There are no VCC and GND. It's a stereo input jack, not an IC chip.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Can you explain how you know that?

7. he did

8. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Looks like a diagram of a RTS (Ring-Tip-Sleeve) input jack. This type of connector is most often used for the following:

1. If it is a mini-jack, then for a stereo L/R connection (like to a PC or MP3 player).

2. If it is a 1/4" jack, then for either a balanced line (microphone level) connection or a send/return (on a audio mixer) connection.

A RTS jack has three wires, one connected to the ring (ground), one connected to the sleeve, and one connected to the tip.

A 1/4" RTS looks like the following...
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=090-305
    Notice the 2 black insulator rings separating the plug tip into 3 sections: ring, tip and sleeve.

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    What? He said x = something. I want to know why he said that.

10. Thanks for the inputs guys, i still can't get this work :rollno: . I'm not sure if my 1/4 jack is correct. Its the switchcraft 11, it has a tip and a sleeve, i ground the sleeve and stick the tip into a IC. Still nothing. I tried the 3.5mm he said and it didn't make a sound. Trying to make a small amplifier. Would it just be easier to stick the output of the IC into a little speaker than to stick it to this 3.5mm jack to hear it thru headphones? Thanks

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    A lot of experience in electrical work? *shrug*

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021