Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone miss me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike N, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Im finally back.

Moving was a real pain in the neck, but worse was the internet provider telling me it was going to be several weeks before they could get out and hook me up. They just left five minutes ago, so Im finally back online.

So, what did I miss?

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    You bet you've been missed, man! I mean, I've been needing to ask you about this ignition problem I've been having on my old pickup...

J/K!!!! :D

Welcome back - don't think ya missed too much...

3. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Hit it with a hammer. :D

4. When you left, we didn't even have to think; we missed you AUTOmatically. :rolleyes:

Good to have you back, Mike. :)

Mike :D

5. Wonders will never cease until its a day where you don't have some cheesy-poopy puns, MJ!! :D

welcome back Mike! :D

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Now we can shift gears and get back to normal!

7. But, will all TB members understand this TRANSMISSION? :D

Sorry for 'jackin' your thread, Mike.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    welcome back

:)

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes, talkbass felt like a tercel with bad valves while you were gone. Sorry to hear about your ISP woes...cable modem?

10. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Yep, cable modem.
    I dont understand what the lengthy delay from the ISP was all about, it wasnt like we moved to the middle of nowhere. To make matters worse, the ISP company also provides cable TV, so for a few weeks we had neither. Try explaining that there isnt any TV to a five year old girl addicted to the "Cartoon Network" and "Animal Planet."

I was tempted to plug the computer into the phone jack and whip in one of those "Free AOL" cd's that keep popping up in the mailbox just so I could get to TB.

Its good to be back. :cool:

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am sure they will understand. Mike it's good to have you back to help out in the clutch!

12. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Missed ya bro, lemme drive your car.;)

W/B Mike

Mike

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Welcome back!!!!!

Hope the move was as smooth as posibble.

Colser to my neck of the woods?

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Need some help on Pimpin' PAaron's Woodward Cool Dream Cruise thread in OT, I might have been off in my ID's of some of the model years... you were good at that.

5 year old girls are a joy, except for when they don't get what they want, just like their mothers.

I just got a cable modem at home, it rocks,
    you'll like it. It is truly V-8!

Thor

15. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    No, were still pretty far away. We moved out of the city and into the country, a total distance of about 15 miles.

16. Transmission + Clutch = OOOWWW!

YA GOT ME! http://mandarb.net/virtual_gallery/media/sculptures/painted/gaul_front_painted.jpg

This PUN ishment is more than I can http://www.cloudline.org/Images/JAWShi.jpg :D

Mike N, if you see my pet bear, fuzzy-wuzzy near your house, please send him home. He keeps borrowing my ultra-light. He's not a bad pilot, but, since he's still just a dumb ol' bear he can't read the gas gauge and keeps running out of gas and crash landing in the woods, where as we all know - bears make. :rolleyes: http://www.cloudline.org/2001/August/4m/Fence5 .jpg

17. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Heeeeyyyyyy....good to see you back around these parts! Glad your move is over - and I bet you are too!

Good ol' Cartoon Network!:)

18. *beats MJ with sock full of pease*

dude!! :D

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    THANK GOD you resisted that temptation! That thing puts loads of crap on your PC that you don't want or need.

20. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Youre right. As tempted as I was, I knew there would be a catch of some sort. Nothing is free.

At least we had electricity, so I could play my Bass.