Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone notice a massive influx...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Aug 17, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ...of rude little punks lately? isn't this crap supposed to stop once middle school starts up?

i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm sorta enjoying the festivities - nothing makes me laugh more than some little 12 year old trying to act so tough and call me names :rolleyes: :D but doesn't it seem odd?

i'm hoping we have a few more. :D

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It IS odd.
    TalkBass has always been a very polite place and should stay so.

Just send those trolls to HCBF, we know how to deal with them :D .

3. Someone should whip up a point system for the board to rate them and give them joke prizes for:

- Most obnoxious
    - Most off-topic in a thread
    - Worst spelling and/or grammar

:)

4. I've noticed it... and I'm going to hurt someone if they don't shut up and go back to their beloved tabcrawler soon...

5. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I hope I wasn't include ...

I rather say, Little guy who only know blink and think because they can play 3 of their songs they rocks....

6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Jeez JT, you're under fire again? Whats up with that.

Couldn't we just do something like, everytime one of them gets out of line, we remove a string from their bass, till there's no more? Then, maybe we could force them to do chores, you know a week of scrubbing floors to get each one back?
    Just a thought.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I wish PeaveyTNT would shut up already

(yes i noticed this "influx")

we need a system... a fun one please!

8. Jt YoU ThiK Ur SoOOOooO POuWeRfuLl! U SuCk SuM 41's HeEdSToCks. BlInK 182 CooD PlAy BeTteR ThAn U. Go BaCk To tHe HoLe U CaMe fRoM. SaDOWkSY SuCk! SaMIcK AnD MaRk HoPPuS BaSsEs RuLe!!

i scare my self sometimes...

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i prefer the "i eviscerate them with my biting wit" method, but unfortunately some of these wingnuts are so stupid that they aren't even able to be properly castigated. it's like trying to insult a rock. :rolleyes:

i yearn for the good old days when we would get the occasional troll who had enough of a brain so that they could respond properly to the proper stimulus.

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    The mass migration from TC to TB started around March to July. I've definitely felt them coming. It just makes me want to think about coming on here so often. I'll just see the same crap about FiEdyS bAzz sETuP and people like FF. :D ;)

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Meh. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

...and that's what made me what I am today! :D

I'd be worried if all the really young guys were mild-mannered and blindly respectful.

The downside is that with the internet, one doesn't have to "put up or shut up" like the "olden days."

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    exactly my point.

14. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Yep,

I signed on here because it seemed like a polite place to talk bass, but sometimes I wonder. I hope I can stay a while longer. . .

15. JT if you look back about a year ago it was pretty much the same thing.
    Stands out a little more now that TB also has a lot more members.

16. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I've noticed it, certainly. It also seems to me that people may be overreacting a little bit. For example, I thought it was easy to see that kid who wanted to know about the name of his bass was very inexperienced. He got jumped on a little too hard IMO, then he overreacted. That's too bad.

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i certainly hope you stay on as well. there's hundreds of active and semi-active members here at talkbass and many more that lurk. don't lose sight of that just from a few troll-lettes.

18. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks John,

I'll hang in there.
    Laurence

19. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    When noobs sign up, could there be a thing that wont let them sign up if they put Fieldy as an influence, or ask what other forums they visit, and barr all that say TC?

20. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Well, if somebody likes Fieldy, than thats fine. I think the point is though, you have to treat others with respect about things-you know, do unto others?
    Like I've said in the past;if you don't like certain bass players, certain brands of gear, thats ok. Not everybody is gonna be pleased with everything out there. there is just no need to start flaming out over those things, thats all.
    Don't like Fieldy-don't listen to korn, or buy the CD's.
    Don't like certain gear? Don't buy it.
    I don't mind if somebody likes Fieldy. But if they want to be a**holes to others about it, those are the ones who should be slapped (read; BANNED)
    Or at least, temporarily denied use of the forums, depending on the situation.
    Just my take of things.