Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone on here a "Bass God?"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkFlo-Mofo, Jul 5, 2001.

1. FunkFlo-Mofo

FunkFlo-Mofo

Jun 22, 2001
    I just want to know if any of you articulate and soulfull individuals are of an elevated status...that is, is anybody here someone I may have heard of? I heard someone mention JT, but that may have been in jest. I'm new and I've just been wondering.

2. All bassplayers are gods.

period !

:D

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Oh, me.

You mean....you haven't heard of me?!?! :mad:

4. :DNo. Definitely not. A pretty ordinary player, me.:D

Rockin John

5. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    some people believe Cliff Burton was reincarnated as me..... But we all know that that is a load of crap that I just made up! :D

You Haven't Heard Of ANGUS!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

6. Angus rules! I thought everyone heard of him!

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, geeze, you haven't heard of ANGUS?!?! i mean, this is _THE_ ANGUS. dude, get with the program.

8. Say, JT...is there the possiblity of you putting just a part of that instrumental Lordonly song up? 12 MB is rather large for a dialup folk like myself. Maybe just the part with your bass solo that Ive heard about?

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I´m my own Bass God :)

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm certainly not. Back when I was giving lessons to James Jamerson, he used to always say I was a God. I remember teaching Jaco "Donna Lee" and he would always be like "Man, you're like, a God, or something." When Rufus Reid would come to my house for his lessons, I would -

don'tsniffthegluejazzbodon'tsniffthegluejazzbodon'tsniffthegluejazzbodon'tsniffthegluejazzbodon'tsniffthegluejazzbodon'tsniffthegluejazzbodon'tsniffthegluejazzbo

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i guess i need to do something like that. i'll work on it.

12. thier is only one god and i dont know if he plays bass

13. Um well of a descreption of Jaco i'm just like him! Heck i play my bass when ever i can! Maybe i'm Jaco reincarnated!

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Rufus still speaks highly of you, jazzbo. They don't call you jazzbo for nothing...there's a reason...I'd bet anything there's a reason.

Any-who, we're keeping the cot warm for you here and oh yeah, Mingus says high.

-signed
    Onemorepoorlostsoul@thehomefordillusionalpluckers.com

15. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    If you see Rufey, we called him Rufey, let him know I said hi, and watch that intonation! God, if I've told him once (in my dreams), I've told him a thousand times (in my dreams).

Mingus says "high?" Don't you mean Mingus stays high?!

16. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Isn't this supposed to be a forum where we learn about BASS and it's PLAYERS and applications? Well, I guess talkbass simply isn't doing it's job if this poor soul doesn't know about a certain someone....boy, am I miffed.

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

I just saw RUFEY today, but since his intonation was fantastic and mine pales by comparison, I doubt I'd have delivered your little comment even if I'd read your post in time to think of it. He left town a couple of hours ago, and we have to do without him for the second week of the camps. I did get to watch him play a lot this week, and he sounds incredible, as usual.

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Bite me Chris!

:)

19. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Was it something I said, or do I need to find a new brand of deoderant again?

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...I've been told I kick butt on the bass more than a few times.

And for those of you wondering...Yes. Yes I taught Angus everything he knows.