1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone on TB attend the University of Tulsa?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gjbassist, Mar 31, 2013.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    My son is about to graduate from high school. He is number one in his class with a 5.0 GPA! He is planning to double major in music and mathematics. Interesting combination, but he's very good at both. He was just offered a scholarship to the University of Tulsa and he has already visited the campus and liked it very much. I was wondering if anyone here had attended U of Tulsa or had a family member attend? If so what are you thoughts of the school, especially if you studied music or math there.

2. MX21

MX21

Sep 28, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    I graduated there in 1986 BSEE. Engineering school was good. It's been a long time, so a lot has changed. I drove by about 6 years ago and could barely recognize anything, so any input I would have is probably obsolete. I enjoyed it while I was there.

The neighborhood next to it used to be pretty seedy, but they've since bulldozed that all down for more athletic fields and such, so it's probably better now.

Overall good experience. Weather's nice. Probably nicer winter than what you get in KC.

Don't know anything about the music program.

What else can I say?

MX

3. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    University of Tulsa has a really nice campus, I've been there several times for my step-daughter's piano recitals. The new building they have for preformances is pretty amazing. I have heard good things about the school of music there. I know two people that graduated from the music program and I have to say that they are the most arrogant people with the least common sense I've met - but I can't say it's a product of the school. I also know people in the Computer Science Doctorate program and the Law program, and they all speak very highly of the school and education they're receiving (But I guess they better like the education they're receiving with the how much the school costs).

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have not sir but I know a guy who knows a guy who had a sister go there for a year.