Anyone on the board sound engineers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cbhm, Jan 11, 2005.

1. cbhm

Apr 4, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Hey is anyone on this board professional sound engineers? studio or live sound... I sjut wated to ask, what school did you go to at a university level?? what courses did you have to take prior to this to get into the courses you wanted ? Sorry....I have one and a half years left of the IB programme and i wanted to just get some insight on the world of sound engineering....Thanks
  2. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I took my classes at the local community college (haha, yeah, definitely not the best in the nation, but they actually had the best program in town at the time... and they had TONS of great vintage gear and instruments (including two minimoogs, Oberheim, ARP, and Roland analog synths, Fender Rhodes, etc... definitely a treasure trove for the vintage keyboard nut) that they bought from a local studio that shut down.) and interned at the semi-legendary Sugar Hill Studios. I haven't done jack with it professionally (not yet anyway), but the knowledge has definitely come in handy, to say the least, with my own recordings and my past recordings with my old band. It was a standalone program, but could be taken as part of an associates degree as well.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm a very sound engineer. In fact I haven't crashed a train yet.

brad cook