Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone own a Daion Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DaionXX, Apr 23, 2003.

1. DaionXX

DaionXX

Mar 31, 2003
    I can't find any good resourses on this company...I have a Power Mark XX bass that I bought in 1982...Can't find any info on value or anything...Help please..

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    had one... sold it .... great bass...

check bunny bass , they have a couple of resident daion nuts over there.

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  4. DaionXX

DaionXX

Mar 31, 2003
  5. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    considering to sell one of those guys? im looking to get one if i ever find one.

6. DaionXX

DaionXX

Mar 31, 2003
    Unfortunately no....I've had mine since early eighties and it is the one instrument I would never part with..

7. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    cant blame you, from what ive heard about them theyre great basses. i love the look of the power mark XX's and would love to get my hands on one. ive never heard one played sadly, but ive heard nothing but good things on the sound and quality.

8. UCM

UCM

Apr 24, 2003
    LOUISIANA
    I HAVE A 1980-81 MODEL DAION MARK XXB, WINE W/ GOLD HARDWARE IN THE ORIGINAL CASE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. I WILL CONSIDER SELLING FOR $600 PLUS SHIPPING, BUT NOT LESS THAN THAT.

9. daionxx - i'm friends with the guy that does the first site... http://home.att.net/~daion/index.html

he's a good guy that knows alot about them. drop him a line sometime... and tell him furio sent you!

:)

10. I PM'd you for more info on your XX.

I bought the other XX and Jon's right, it's a great bass. Since I've got this one, I haven't touched any of my others.

11. I purchased a Daion Savage(black) bass here in Canada in 1982.Best buy I've ever made.Nice bottom end with a bit of growl. I've had a lot of nice compliments on the sound over the years. It's beat up from over 20 years of travel and bars and such but I could never part with it.

12. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah, I have two Mark-XX's and I absolutely LOVE them! I originally played them back in the 80's when they first came out and fell in love with them. I got out of playing for a number of years and started out again. One of the first things I did was locate a Daion on Ebay and grabbed it! Well, one thing led to another and BINGO! I grabbed another one.:D

RF