Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone own a Hofner 63 reissue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Sep 29, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking to get a Hofner 63 Reissue. How well are these basses biult, and am I going to be able to get an upright bass sound from this bass?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the links..

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

5. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Im guessing you havent met John Turner yet. :D

6. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No I haven't met John yet.......Should I?

7. Well, Jeff, this is what happens when one idolizes the slightly obscure Police bassist STRING, instead of our more respected Sting. (Hey, his profile said it, not me...). :)

8. embellisher

You will eventually. He's one of our Moderators who happens to play 7 and 8 string basses. I play 4, 5 and 6. There are a lot of other guys here who play 5+ stringers as well.

Since I can play a 4 string bass, do I have your permission to play my 5 and 6 stringers as well?:rolleyes:

9. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I also play 5 string. It's just sayin if you haven't got 4 strings under control don't play more...WHen did this become lets bag on joe day?

10. embellisher

Well, some people would take your signature to mean that you are closeminded about new ideas and designs. Those kind of remarks have started holy wars around here in the past. No big deal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.