1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone own a mighty mite fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LCW, Apr 13, 2009.

1. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    well i sold my MIM p bass neck in order to buy a fretless neck for it . How does a Mighty Mite neck from your expericence compare to a MIM neck , also how are there fretless necks? There cheaper 90-100$ so i just wanted to see how good they really are.

2. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    i bought one, although i ultimately didn't use it.. i had the fretless Jazz size neck.. it has a phenolic fretboard.. it's very high quality from what i can see.. some have reported that the neck heel is slightly larger than a Fender pocket size.. my neck fit fine..

as compared to a MIM neck, i'd have to say that the Mighty Mite neck is of a higher quality.. overall, there were no visual flaws in the wood.. the fretboard near the nut needed some polishing, it looked as if it had lost it's shine.. i used Plastex polish and it was fine..

remember, that these necks are undrilled and only have a poly sanding sealer on them.. you *can* use it as is, but i'd suggest to apply a finish to it..

3. P1160314.

P1160315.

P1160317.

P1160318.

No experience of MIM necks but this Mighty Mite was straight, well finished, tight in the socket & after the nut was cut properly, played very well indeed.

4. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Thanks guys for info and visual appeal. I know they are not pre drilled no biggie to me my dad is a capenter for over 30 years and i showed him the neck sna dhe said he could get it on for me, he does not play but knows how to build and set up awesome he is a leo lol

5. I have one that I never did use as I ended up buyin a G&L L-1500 fretless instead. It looks like a pretty decent neck to me.

6. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    well i may just buy a MIM fretless jazz with a gotoh 201 for 280 sounds like a smarter idea

7. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Yep, they're great.