1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone own a Spector Rex 2000/5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Aug 5, 2002.

1. They are blowing these out at good prices everywhere, and I"m wondering if anyone owns one and can give me their opinion until I have the chance to play one.

Cheers

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Just posting to find out for myself. :)

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Yup I've got one. Unfortunately it was in a car crash with me about 10 months ago and I haven't been able to play it since - it's getting fixed (long story about wehy it's takne so long to get fixed!)

Anyway, I got one in Holoflash black. IT's a really nice sounding instrument, with a freally nice playing neck. The build quality is below the par of the Czech instruments (I have 2 NS5CR Spectors as well), and the EMG Hz pups ain't quite as powerful as the EMG DC40s.

However, I got mine for half the price of the Czech one, and in that respect it's good value for money. You may find you need to adjust your playing style a bit, because of the shape, neck dive is more noticeable than on the more familiar Spector shape.

Nevertheless, I would recommend that if you can get a good one at a good price go for it. It is nice bass to play, and if you get the chance for a holoflash one go for it, I'm still finding colours!

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    bump