Anyone own a Spector Rex 2000/5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Aug 5, 2002.

1. They are blowing these out at good prices everywhere, and I"m wondering if anyone owns one and can give me their opinion until I have the chance to play one.

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Just posting to find out for myself. :)
  3. Yup I've got one. Unfortunately it was in a car crash with me about 10 months ago and I haven't been able to play it since - it's getting fixed (long story about wehy it's takne so long to get fixed!)

Anyway, I got one in Holoflash black. IT's a really nice sounding instrument, with a freally nice playing neck. The build quality is below the par of the Czech instruments (I have 2 NS5CR Spectors as well), and the EMG Hz pups ain't quite as powerful as the EMG DC40s.

However, I got mine for half the price of the Czech one, and in that respect it's good value for money. You may find you need to adjust your playing style a bit, because of the shape, neck dive is more noticeable than on the more familiar Spector shape.

Nevertheless, I would recommend that if you can get a good one at a good price go for it. It is nice bass to play, and if you get the chance for a holoflash one go for it, I'm still finding colours!