Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone own a Svt4pro head and a Svt810 cabinet, I got a question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing, Feb 4, 2006.

1. LizardKing

LizardKing

Jan 15, 2006
    I wanted to know what the best way to hook the Svt4pro head and Svt810 cab together would be, I just got it yesterday and this information would be really helpful.

2. ricplyrz

ricplyrz

Dec 26, 2005
    Mono bridge it into the 810e. You will have 1200 watts clean power into the bottom. Dont worry about the bottoms 800 watt rating, just control your volume, (don't play full blast). Use the speakon input on the 810e or the LEFT LOWER 1/4 input for combined 8-10 speakers.

3. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    If you use a speakon cable, make sure the pin configuration matches with what is printed in the manual. Just read the manuals for the 4 pro & 810E, its explained pretty clearly there, as is the proper way to hook them together. You can easily drive a pair of 810 cabs with that amp & it is possible to overpower an 810E with a 4 pro. Just be aware of that before you turn it up to 11.