Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone own a Warwick in Nirvana Black?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rollo47, May 26, 2003.

1. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    As the title said, I was just wondering if anyone owned a Warwick in Nirvana black. I think the colours on the website are a little dodgy, so I wanted to see what it really looked like. Post a pic if possible, please.

2. I don't own one, but I've seen them--it's just a transparent black stain, like any number of other makers who do a transparent black finish. I've only seen them in satin, but Warwick will do it in gloss, too.

Mike

3. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    I had a Streamer Stage I in this colour for a short period (oil finish), but ended up swapping it as the neck was twisted. To be honest, it's not a very impressive colour - I'd bought it via mail order and was disappointed with the finish when it arrived. When I swapped it over, I went with a trans blue in high gloss, and am much happier with this colour. I'd like to see the black in high gloss, as the gloss finish really bring the colours out on Warwicks.